Field Technician (12 months contract)
Your tasks and responsibilities
We are seeking a motivated Seed Technician with English speaking. This position is located in Nagyigmand.
Within the Field Operations team, the Field Technician’s main responsibilities are to ensure that the crop is planted and grown according to Monsanto’s requirements and do a careful follow-up of the fields assigned to him/her in order to detect early any potential deviation and allow corrective actions to be taken.
The Field Technician will be responsible of field estimations and to ensure that operations are executed according to Monsanto Procedures (Safety, ISO and FCPA).
The Field Supervisor will assist the Field Manager in all aspects of field production. After harvesting, the Field Technician will be responsible for all drying and conditioning processes conducted in the sub-contracted plants and tollers assigned to him/her.
This position has daily contact with the Field Manager and fellow Field Technicians. Frequent liaison with the Plant operation planning supervisor, the Plant Operations Manager, QMS coordinator and Production Research Scientist is also essential.
- Responsible for all operational actions and supervision regarding Corn and OSR seed production. This includes:
- Identify best land for grower contracts near the site. Find or cut acres for season
- Manage grower network and contract signature. Touchpoint with growers
- Ensure parental seed distribution
- Ensure field follow up operations. Manage planting/detasseling process where applicable
- Realize fields inspections
- Manage harvest activities and pilot flow of seeds to the site.
- Use real-time data/technology to manage production. FIDO/Data entry
- Discuss improvement opportunities with production research
- Initiate or lead improvement design and implementation
- Understand metrics and own metric performance for own area
- Share and implement best practices from other sites
- Coach contingent labor
- Insure that all operations are conducted in a safe way for employees, temporary workers and sub-contractors
- Provide assistance to the Plant operation planning supervisor and the Plant Operations manager in managing all drying and processing actions in our own plant, tollers and subcontracted plants.
- Comply to the Quality Management System and the standards set by ISO9001 and ESTA. Also assist in the regular revision of relevant documents.
- Support ESTA compliance
- Based on the request of the Lab he/she needs to manage properly sampling of seedlots in external warehouses or Plants and precisely document it.
Who you are
Bachelor’s Degree in Agronomy or similar area of expertise
Functional and technical skills in seed production
1 to 3 years in a similar position is preferred
Fluency in Hungarian and English is required.
Very good relationships with colleagues and external suppliers.
Communication skills including the capability to clearly present information, influence or persuade others through oral or written communications.
Decision making and problem solving skills. Capability to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgement and a realistic understanding of issues, even when dealing with emotional topics.
Self-starter, able to work independently but still a real team player to achieve team’s goals.
Ability to work in unfavorable climatic conditions e.g. extended periods in the sun and on very seasonal schedule (peak of activities between June and October).
Who is Bayer?
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.