Master Data Management Specialist
Your tasks and responsibilities
Our European Master Data Management Team is seeking a motivated Master Data Management Specialist. This position will be located in Budapest, Hungary reporting to the Master Data Management Team Lead based in Antwerp, Belgium.
The owner of the role will ensure high data quality, data compliance and operating procedures in an international and multi-functional environment in close cooperation with the different Business Process Experts.
- Create and execute changes to SAP master data (e.g. customer, vendor, materials etc.) as approved by the business
- Coordinate master data setup, validations and periodic maintenance
- Perform regular business related activities like master data mass updates, data cleaning and approval schemes
- System monitoring and user management related activities
- Participate in projects and initiatives across multiple functional areas and regions
- Work with business units and process experts to resolve master data issues
- Ensure data quality, compliance and consistency of master data across business systems
- Support the business with required procedures, submit incidents and change requests when needed
- Assist business process experts in defining standard operating procedures, process flows and related documentation
Who you are
- Bachelor or Master degree
- 0-3 years of work experience
- Ability to work under time pressure and handle multiple priorities
- Flexible in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate accuracy and real attention to detail
- Strong relationship and networking as well as being a good team player
- Previous Experience in SAP
- Strong Microsoft Office suite skills (especially Excel)
- Excellent English (written and spoken) is a must.
- Must be able to travel occasionally (5% of time, mainly within Europe)
- Analytical minded and methodical problem solver
- Being able to work independently without close supervision
- Previous master data management experience in SAP
- Experience working within an international, multi-cultural environment
- Able to understand and investigate topics related to multiple business areas
- Very good interpersonal skills with excellent customer service and “can do“ attitude
- Process orientation and user satisfaction attitude
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.