Your tasks and responsibilities
We are seeking a motivated Research Assistant. This position is based in SZATYMAZ breeding station, Csongrád county.
The main responsibility of the Research Assistant is the management, daily use, maintenance and long-term development for the complete machinery (sowing machines, tractors, combine harvesters, self-propelled crop sprayer, cultivator, drone and the navigation system) of the breeding program.
The owner of this role will support operational activities of the workflow from the seed preparation till the harvest of corn in breeding nursery, seed productions and small plot testing trials.
The Research Assistant will report to the Testing and Operation Manager.
- The main responsibility of the Research Assistant is the machinery’s continuous maintenance and preparation for the season.
- Role of the Research Assistant is to support the long-term development of the machines by proposing investment plans. Also, administrates the machinery related purchases and presents advancement plans to the Testing and Operations Manager.
- The Research Assistant actively supports the colleagues machine-based activities and executes sowing, plant protection and harvest.
- The Research Assistant supervises the mechanical processes from safety point of view and carries out improvements in the workflow.
- The Research Assistant interacts with the main technological suppliers.
- Strong focus on trial execution in phenotyping network (trial maintenance, data collection).
- Supporting day to day operations of seed productions and line development nursery. Strong support of irrigation management is required.
- Owner of a supporting role in seed preparation and seed processing in laboratory.
Who you are
BSc or MSc in Mechanical Engineering or any other (agronomy) related field.
Experience in machinery, crop production and hybrid production
Experience in agricultural research, small plot trials or nursery execution and management is an advantage
Strong machinery and field orientation, hard worker with strong ownership and awareness of responsibility
Ability to work independently
Open-minded attitude and high interest in new technologies (GPS systems, drone technology, robotic technologies)
User level computer skills
Effective verbal and written communication skills
Proven English knowledgeValid driving licences for B, T, C+E category are a must, forklift and other agricultural machinery driving licenses are plus
Who is Bayer?
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.